Are you planning to plant your own native Greendot in 2021?
Landowners who are looking to restore a part of their property back to native forest in 2021 are encouraged to apply to Te Ara Kākāriki for native planting assistance.
If you or your community group have a piece of land of at least 1100m2 that can contain 500 native plants and are wanting to restore the site for biodiversity, then please apply.
Successful applicants will receive one or a combination of the following:
• A restoration plan written with an ecologist, including a plant list and planting plan.
• A volunteer planting day at your property as part of our annual Canterbury Plantouts or staff planting days to plant 500 to 1000 plants
• A small financial grant to go towards plants and plant guards (max $1,000)
Landowners and community groups are eligible to apply if:
• Their property is located in the Selwyn District
• They have at least 1100m2 available to plant in 2021
• They are able to commit to the ongoing maintenance and protection of the Greendot site
If this sounds like you, click here to apply now Applications close June 7th
* We are carrying out the application process earlier than other years in an effort to ensure nurseries have time to fulfil our orders with high quality plants and all requested species.