BECOME A NEW GREEN DOT
Successful applicants will receive one or a combination of the following:
• A restoration plan written with an ecologist, including a plant list and planting plan.
• A volunteer planting day at your property as part of our annual Canterbury Plantouts or staff planting days to plant 500 to 1000 plants
• A small financial grant to go towards plants and plant guards (max $1,000)
Landowners and community groups are eligible to apply if:
• Their property is located in the Selwyn District
• They have at least 1100m2 available to plant in 2021
• They are able to commit to the ongoing maintenance and protection of the Greendot site
If this sounds like you, click here to apply now
* We are carrying out the application process earlier than other years in an effort to ensure nurseries have time to fulfil our orders with high quality plants and all requested species.
REGISTER AN EXISTING GREEN DOT
We are in the process of setting criteria for self planted stepping stones to be added to the Te Ara Kākāriki Greenway.
Once this is complete landowners will be able to register their restoration site as a Greendot Stepping stone. We will have signage available to purchase so your project can be recognised as part of the Greenway linking the mountains to the sea.
There are dozens of sites already out there and with your help we can start to make the physical and community connections as we join the plants and people across the plains.
You never know you might be right next to another Green Dot on your road…
To register your greendot email [email protected].
OTHER PLACES TO SEEK SUPPORT AND FUNDING FOR YOUR PROJECT
- Selwyn District Council Selwyn Natural Environment Fund
- Environment Canterbury Immediate Steps
- Trees that count to register previously planted trees and apply for trees to plant